There’s Really Nothing Interesting to Say
This week I haven’t felt like I had anything good to talk about so I have several drafts saved but very little writing done. I’m not sure why nothing has been coming to me but it is incredibly frustrating. But here is a little recap of what my week was like:
- I got a free G5 computer from a friend because they didn’t want to go through selling it and knew I wanted it.
- A friend who I can’t imagine would have any reason to be jealous of me said she was jealous that I have a job I like so much. It made me realize that there is always something we have that someone else doesn’t and I shouldn’t get so down on myself for thinking I’m not making any progress in life.
- I learned that HE wasn’t exactly as loved by his friends as I thought he was and (I hate to admit it) but it made it a lot easier for me to stop thinking about him. When you find out that people were confused as to why you were with him, and thought he treated you like a dog, you start to think, “hey, maybe he wasn’t as much of a saint as I seem to think he was.” It also makes me wonder…”why the hell didn’t anybody say anything?” I always assumed since none of his friends said anything to him when he treated me like shit in front of them that it was okay – if one of my friends treated their significant other poorly I would say something. I suppose men are different.
- I finally got to go for a run/hike yesterday and it happened to be the most beautiful day in the history of ever. I got lost and ended up in the Nature Preserve for an hour. My endorphins were flowing so heavily I wanted to make love with the trees. It. Was. Awesome.
- Last night I played DD to a very good friend of mine and, even though I hit tired at 11:45 and didn’t get home until 6:00, I happened to have a lot of fun last night. Every once in awhile it is more fun to know you get to make sure your friend gets home safe than it is to get schwasty faced. Karma, baby.
I have had so much to say this week but I haven’t been able to find the words. I will continue to work on my drafts though because they have the potential to be great…or at least amusing.
I will also be working on answering this question: What do you like to do for fun?
Someone asked me that last night and I realized I couldn’t answer them – I don’t really know anymore. Or maybe I just don’t do what I like to. I dunno…I will have to think about it. How sad is that though? Not knowing what you like to do for fun? ::sigh::